Martes, Mayo 22, 2012

SANA MATAUHAN SI CJ

What happened today inside the impeachment court after the testimony of the CJ was truly unfortunate.
The CJ may have been emotional, but I think on the overall his testimony was OK and quite convincing as part as the truth behind his bank deposits and other charges were concerned.  Sa tingin ko, ni hindi niya kailangang mag-execute ng waiver, but even if he did, hindi dapat naging coniditional 'yong kanyang waiver sa pagpirma rin noong 188 congressmen  plus Sen. Drilon to themselves sign the same waiver.  I think most of the senators were convinced of the truth of what he said.  Sayang, in  requiring the prosecutors to also sign a waiver, lumabas na parang hindi siya Chief Justice.  At lalo na,  when he appeared to have walked out of the court after his testimony, na para bang he refused to be cross-examined.  With that, I have personally also lost my trust on him

I hope the CJ will realize that what he did was wrong, and if not managed well by his defense, might adversely seal his faith.  At any rate, I appreciate Enrile's liberality in agreeing to kind of  forget  what happened providing the CJ comes back tomorrow to be cross-examined.  I think the CJ has satisfactorily explained that his mere failure to fill up his SALN accurately was not really impeachable.  At the end of the day, the ultimate objective of the SALN is not as much its clerical accuracy as the fact that one has not enriched himself in public office.  I don't think, based on his testimony, that he did, and I believe he has convinced at least eight of the senators that he was not impeachable. 

But given  what he did, unless he is able to satisfactorily make amends for it and, barring truly valid health reasons,. return to the court for cross-examination, no one may already be blamed if he were adjudged guilty.  At the very least, with what he did, I wont blame people to think that he already forfeits his sheer right to remain Chief Justice. Still, I pray to God, matauhan sana si CJ.  

 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento